Power back to normal in Brooklyn neighborhoods
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Con Ed says the power strength should be back to normal Saturday night in Brooklyn neighborhoods.
The power had been reduced late Friday because there was concern over electrical cables supplying the power.
Central and southern parts of the borough are the ones mostly affected. Anything south of Fulton Street between Flatbush Ave. and New York Ave. is where most people were having problems.
A second area in Coney Island, Manhattan Beach and Seagate are experienced issues.
Power was expected to be back to normal strength by 9 p.m. Saturday night.
This week Con Edison was pushed to the max during the heat wave but officials are pleased the way the power held up.
"I think we did pretty well and got through the rest of it, and I would say we're done with anything that comes this summer," said John Miksad.
new york city, brooklyn, con ed, local news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 30 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 20 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- Brooklyn family desperately searching for...
29 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
13 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage...
24 min ago