Illegal gun trafficking operation busted
HAUPPAUGE, NY (WABC) -- Two men on Long Island are under arrest for allegedly taking part in an illegal gun trafficking operation.
Suffolk County Police displayed an arsenal of guns at a news conference in Hauppauge on Monday.
During a nearly year long investigation, detectives discovered some of the weapons were purchased in Florida and resold on Long Island.
A third man from Florida was also indicted in the case.
Investigators say the trio purchased and resold more than a dozen handguns.
long island, hauppauge, guns, local news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 50 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
50 min ago