Illegal gun trafficking operation busted
HAUPPAUGE, NY (WABC) -- Two men on Long Island are under arrest for allegedly taking part in an illegal gun trafficking operation.
Suffolk County Police displayed an arsenal of guns at a news conference in Hauppauge on Monday.
During a nearly year long investigation, detectives discovered some of the weapons were purchased in Florida and resold on Long Island.
A third man from Florida was also indicted in the case.
Investigators say the trio purchased and resold more than a dozen handguns.
long island, hauppauge, guns, local news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 36 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 11 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
43 min ago