PTA mom headed to jail for sex with teen
BALDWIN (WABC) -- A former PTA vice president from Long Island, convicted of having sexual contact with a minor, is going to jail.
Joan Tuckruskye, 46, was sentenced Thursday to six months in jail and 10 years probation after pleading guilty to sexually abusing a 13-year-old boy.
She will also have to register as a sex offender for the next 20 years.
Police say Tuckruskye and the boy were found naked from the waist down in a car behind a Baldwin middle school in 2008. Prosecutors say the mother of three had sexual contact with the boy because her saliva was found on his body and clothes.
Tuckruskye pleaded guilty in April to charges of second-degree criminal sexual act, a felony.
long island, sex, local news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
3 min ago