Stray bullet wounds 9-year-old boy
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- A 9-year-old boy is recovering after getting struck by a stray bullet while riding his bicycle.
Police said the boy was riding his bike on East 45th Street in East Flatbush at 8:30 Friday night when someone fired a gun.
He was hit in the leg by a stray bullet.
The boy was able to ride home after being hit. Relatives took him to the hospital, where he was recovering.
Police say one shell casing was discovered at the scene.
Investigators haven't announced any arrests.
(the associated press contributed to this report)
crime, shooting, new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, child shot, local news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 38 min ago
- Snow falling on Long Island 21 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City 14 min ago
- Off-duty officer killed in Queens after crashing into storefront 33 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro 40 min ago
- Justin Bieber visits Philippine typhoon victims 3 min ago
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers 15 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos