Stray bullet wounds 9-year-old boy
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- A 9-year-old boy is recovering after getting struck by a stray bullet while riding his bicycle.
Police said the boy was riding his bike on East 45th Street in East Flatbush at 8:30 Friday night when someone fired a gun.
He was hit in the leg by a stray bullet.
The boy was able to ride home after being hit. Relatives took him to the hospital, where he was recovering.
Police say one shell casing was discovered at the scene.
Investigators haven't announced any arrests.
(the associated press contributed to this report)
crime, shooting, new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, child shot, local news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night 23 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro-North: train outage expected for days
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida 52 min ago
- Man falls out window during Broadway show 11 min ago
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Bruins top Rangers 5-2 3 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
23 min ago