Convicted sex offender arrested again
LEVITTOWN (WABC) -- A convicted sex offender has been arrested again, this time for an incident at a Target store.
The alleged crime happened at 9:30 Sunday night in Levittown.
According to police, Tod Stolting, 48, approached the 26-year-old victim inside the Target on Hempstead Turnpike.
He is accused of forcibly placing both hands inside her shirt and groping her.
The victim began to scream, alerting Target employees, who notified police.
Investigators said Stolting ran from the store, an officer spotted him in the parking lot and placed him until arrest.
Stolting was not done yet, as police said he tried to get away from the officer.
He was ultimately taken into custody.
Stolting, a registered Sex Offender, is charged with sexual abuse, resisting arrest and related offenses.
He was scheduled for arraignment in First District Court, Hempstead on Monday.
sexual assault, crime, long island, levittown, local news, lauren defranco
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures