Woman fights back against sex offender
LEVITTOWN, NY (WABC) -- The 26-year-old woman will never forget the violation she endured Sunday night while shopping at Target in Levittown.
Police were called, and they arrested 48-year-old Tod Stolting as he tried to flee the area.
The victim says she is outraged after learning that Stolting is a level 2 sex offender, that he lives nearby, and that he has at least a dozen arrests including pouncing on a young girl.
It turns out that Stolting has spent very little time in jail.
He was on probation when the alleged assault occurred.
The victim credits the staff at Target for responding to her cries and pointing police in the right direction.
As she recovers from the shock of it all, she told Eyewitness News she will now be directing all her anger towards making sure this predator doesn't strike again.
long island, levittown, sexual assault, sex offender, local news, lucy yang
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring 48 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey