FDNY EMT arrested in rape of 11-year-old
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- An FDNY EMT was charged with being a serial rapist who struck five times, including the sodomy of an 11 year old girl in her building elevator earlier this month.
During work he helped save people's lives, and personal time police say he ruined lives.
For weeks police worked with a sketch of a man they believe sodomized an 11-year-old girl in her apartment building's elevator after she walked her dog.
But it wasn't until Monday that another rape victim came forward, this time with a license plate number.
Victim's neighbor says "He deserves everything he gets. Nothing less a whole lot more," said one of the victim's neighbors.
Police say 33-year-old Angus Pascall is the suspect in a string of five sex assaults.
Pascall lives in Brownsville and works nearby at a fire department paramedic in Canarsie.
Detectives say all the alleged rapes happened in that vicinity.
It started in 2001, a 22-year old woman says the suspect armed with a gun got in her East Flatbush home and raped her.
Then in May of last year, a 19-year-old woman says she was sodomized in her apartment building elevator also in East Flatbush.
In the third case, a 14 year old girl says she was sexually assault at gun and knifepoint in Canarsie.
Two weeks ago, an 11-year-old girl says she too was raped in Crown Heights
And finally a 20-year-old woman says she was walking down the street Monday, forced into a car in Canarsie and raped.
In two cases investigators say the suspect took advantage of his fire department special key to lock his alleged victims inside those elevators.
"It's a good thing they got him. He's a pedophile. We have a lot of children out here," adds the neighbor.
Police say three victim's positively identified Pascall and DNA points to a single suspect.
But his neighbors don't believe the accusations. "This guy can get any woman he wants. He has a body, he got a good look. He's a hard working guy and this is what it comes down to. I guess you never know," said Clem Williams.
Pascall is charged with rape, possession of a weapon and endangering the welfare of a child.
new york city, child sex assault, brooklyn, fdny, local news, carolina leid
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 32 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute 27 min ago
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
4 min ago