Parents arrested for leaving kids in car
NORTH MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have arrested two parents for leaving their kids in the car while they went shopping.
It happened in the parking lot of Marshalls on Hicksville Road in North Massapequa on Friday at 8:00 p.m.
Police received a call for children left in a vehicle, and when an officer arrived he found four children in the vehicle ages 9, 6, 2 and 2.
The officer waited an additional 17 minutes before the parents, William Hartman, 46, and Stephanie Hartman, 37, of Massapequa, exited the store and returned to their vehicle.
Both are being charged with four counts each of endangering the welfare of a child.
The children were released to their grandmother who was at the scene.
long island, massapequa, crime, local news
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments 44 min ago
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 21 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos