Immigrant living American Dream murdered in Queens
FLUSHING, NY (WABC) -- It was a final farewell that came entirely too fast. Friends never imagined they'd be sending Nadeem Khan home this way, this soon.
He left Pakistan just a few months ago, enthusiastically looking forward to building a better life here in the states.
"He was excited to be here. It was like a dream come true," Wasim Khan, his brother said.
The men who shattered the 39 year old's dream killed Nadeem early Sunday morning at a Mobile Station on Roosevelt Avenue.
Surveillance video shows the first suspect walking into the small shop.
Friends believe Nadeem probably thought he was a customer.
"He took care of people in the community with respect and always said hello, how are you and thank you," William, his friend, said.
But on the video it appears there's a struggle. By this point, the second suspect is also inside and the deadly shooting has been set in motion.
Then as calmly as they arrived, they leave. One suspect is talking on a cell phone, sources telling Eyewitness News that the men took off with cash.
"Even if he do nothing wrong, he tells sorry to anybody. Apologizes. He don't know any cursing words, so I don't know what someone make him so mad take his life with so many shots like this," Khan said.
Nadeem lived with his brothers in a quiet neighborhood in Valley Stream, refused to take a day off from work, and gave almost every dollar he earned to his family.
"He was innocent, probably killed him thinking someone else. He had nothing against nobody," Mahmood Hassan said.
The suspects are described as black men between the ages of 20 and 25, both around 5-foot-9. One was wearing a white hooded sweatshirt, while the other wore a black T-shirt and a black baseball cap.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
All calls are strictly confidential.
murder, crime, local news, kemberly richardson
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen