Brides desperate after store closes
EDISON, N.J. (WABC) -- Some New Jersey brides-to-be are scrambling tonight. The bridal store where they ordered their dresses abruptly shut down. Now, with their big days quickly approaching, the brides-to-be are trying to figure out what to do.
"I'm just devastated. I don't know what I'm going to do," said Kasia Wieronski, a bride-to-be.
Wieronski's wedding is just 11 days away. She was happy when she got a call from Astyla Studio Bridal shop in Edison, that the six bridesmaids' dresses she ordered were ready. However, she did not expect what she found.
"The dresses aren't done. We went to pick them up and the store was gone&absolutely empty. We didn't know what to do," Wieronski said.
The store was locked and the windows covered with newspaper. The floor littered with bare mannequins.
"I'm so stressed out. I can't eat. I'm having panic attacks," Wieronski said.
Jenny Dosch says her sister is still waiting for the wedding dress she ordered from Astyla Studio. They were able to reach a worker by phone one day.
"[The employee said] that they didn't close. They had to move quickly, but now no one answers any of the phone numbers," Dosch said.
Apparently, dozens of brides have been showing up shocked to see the shop closed. Amanda Morgan works at the store next door.
"They come in asking us if we know anything. A lot of tears," said Morgan.
A spokesperson for the shopping center says the stores owner packed up and moved in the middle of the night. They were being evicted.
Wieronski says a former worker, trying to make things right, contacted and met up with several brides at a nearby storage facility. She had the bridesmaids dresses, but that was a new part of Wieronski's nightmare.
"There are pins all over the dress, and look at these, the dresses have bulges in them," she said.
Her family plans to track down the owner and sue.
Right now, they are just trying to make her wedding day perfect.
new jersey, edison, marriage, wedding, local news, toni yates
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos