Grab a free slice of Junior's cheesecake
Brooklyn (WABC) -- To honor its 60th anniversary, Junior's in Brooklyn is offering a slice of its famous cheesecake for free Friday - well, almost free.
If you only want the cheesecake, it will cost you 60 cents, which is quite a bargain considering its price is normally $5.99. However, if you buy a meal, you get one slice free.
When Junior's opened its doors on Flatbush Avenue in 1950, the cheesecake went for 35 cents a slice.
From that modestly-priced beginning, Junior's now sells about 5,000 cheesecakes a week. <p
new york city, brooklyn, flatbush, local news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation