Grab a free slice of Junior's cheesecake
Brooklyn (WABC) -- To honor its 60th anniversary, Junior's in Brooklyn is offering a slice of its famous cheesecake for free Friday - well, almost free.
If you only want the cheesecake, it will cost you 60 cents, which is quite a bargain considering its price is normally $5.99. However, if you buy a meal, you get one slice free.
When Junior's opened its doors on Flatbush Avenue in 1950, the cheesecake went for 35 cents a slice.
From that modestly-priced beginning, Junior's now sells about 5,000 cheesecakes a week. <p
new york city, brooklyn, flatbush, local news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 10 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute 5 min ago
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
47 min ago