11-year-old Brooklyn girl sexually assaulted
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are searching for a man who sexually assaulted an 11-year-old girl.
The attack happened at 12:35 p.m. on July 22 inside a building at Bedford and Flatbush avenues in Flatbush.
Police say the man followed the girl into a stairwell and then sexually assaulted her.
He ran away towards Caton Avenue.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 30s, with dark skin, about 5'11" tall with a medium build.
He was last seen wearing a gray baseball hat, gray sweatpants and a blue shirt.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
You can also submit your tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers website at www.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.com or by texting your tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and then entering TIP577.
All calls are strictly confidential.
new york city, child sex assault, flatbush, brooklyn, local news, jeff pegues
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen