11-year-old Brooklyn girl sexually assaulted
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are searching for a man who sexually assaulted an 11-year-old girl.
The attack happened at 12:35 p.m. on July 22 inside a building at Bedford and Flatbush avenues in Flatbush.
Police say the man followed the girl into a stairwell and then sexually assaulted her.
He ran away towards Caton Avenue.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 30s, with dark skin, about 5'11" tall with a medium build.
He was last seen wearing a gray baseball hat, gray sweatpants and a blue shirt.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
You can also submit your tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers website at www.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.com or by texting your tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and then entering TIP577.
All calls are strictly confidential.
new york city, child sex assault, flatbush, brooklyn, local news, jeff pegues
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos