Arrest made in fatal shooting of Newburgh boy
NEWBURGH (WABC) -- A 10-year-old boy was the victim of a deadly shooting in Orange County.
Police say the incident happened around 6:30 p.m. Monday on Chambers Street in Newburgh.
Officers responded to reports of gunshots and Brandon Scandrett unresponsive inside his home. Ambulance personnel pronounced him dead at the scene.
Robert Gooding, 51, has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree, and the investigation is continuing.
Officers cordoned off two blocks of that neighborhood as they investigated.
crime, shooting, newburgh, local news
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon 6 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 44 min ago
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 46 min ago
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile 15 min ago