Arrest made in fatal shooting of Newburgh boy
NEWBURGH (WABC) -- A 10-year-old boy was the victim of a deadly shooting in Orange County.
Police say the incident happened around 6:30 p.m. Monday on Chambers Street in Newburgh.
Officers responded to reports of gunshots and Brandon Scandrett unresponsive inside his home. Ambulance personnel pronounced him dead at the scene.
Robert Gooding, 51, has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree, and the investigation is continuing.
Officers cordoned off two blocks of that neighborhood as they investigated.
crime, shooting, newburgh, local news
- Workers recover Bible as East Harlem debris cleared 13 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 51 min ago
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Workers recover Bible as East Harlem debris...
13 min ago