Investigation: Teacher faked fall
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Investigators say a Brooklyn teacher faked a terrifying plunge down a flight of stairs.
Ilene Feldman was caught on camera tumbling down the stairs at Canarsie High School in 2008.
She claimed her foot got stuck and she went flying.
An investigation by the city found the untenured Feldman staged the fall to avoid being observed by a supervisor.
Feldman was forced to resign.
new york city, local news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 18 min ago
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 22 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million