Kidney transplant couple heads home
HACKENSACK, N.J. (WABC) -- A husband gave his wife the gift of life and now, the couple has a happy ending to their story.
Dave and Josephine Medlar have been married for 38 years.
They met while working together at a Goshen, New York high school.
It turns out they're a perfect match, literally.
Jo has a kidney disease, and this week her husband saved her life by giving her his kidney.
Before they left Hackensack University Hospital Friday, Jo gave Dave a new wedding ring.
The happy couple is back home with her new kidney, his new ring, and their new chance at life.
For more information on kidney donation visit www.ustransplant.org.
hackensack, local news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos