Arson investigation in Bay Shore fire
BAY SHORE, NY (WABC) -- Arson investigators on Long Island are looking into the cause of a massive fire that destroyed two carriage houses.
Firefighters responded to the fire in Bay Shore just after 2 a.m. Sunday.
By the time they arrived, the fire had already fully engulfed the two carriage houses.
It took some 125 firefighters nearly two hours to get the blaze under control.
Two firefighters suffered minor injuries.
Investigators say neither building had a smoke detector.
Both were unoccupied.
long island, bay shore, fire, local news
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 55 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash....
55 min ago
- Kickoff to a Long Island Summer this...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos