An old-fashioned pharmacy serving up tasty treats
CARROLL GARDENS, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Satisfy your sweet tooth craving in an unlikely place. Step back in time to a pharmacy that doesn't exactly serve medicine, instead it serves sweet treats.
Brooklyn Farmacy is housed in what was a pharmacy on 513 Henry Street in Carroll gardens, back in the day.
One of the main things the shop serves is egg creams, which despite their name, is a mixture of milk, seltzer, and chocolate syrup.
"It's a soda fountain. A working soda fountain and I hesitate to say old time because it's actually happening right now," said Peter Freeman, the owner of Brooklyn Farmacy.
The store opened this summer for egg creams, homemade sodas, sundaes, and Brooklyn-made treats. The store brings back a tradition popular in the last century.
Brooklyn Farmacy even contains a stash of old medicine bottles. The old apothecary drawers are now filled with candy. The floors are made of tile. You'll do well to avoid the old scale at the entrance after drinking down too many egg creams.
Consuming eggs creams and other nostalgia is tasty, a bit noisy from the slurping, and somewhat indescribable. The Brooklyn Farmacy is the perfect setting.
"It's a realization of a long term project when it's finally done and you're serving the sodas &it's ahhh!" Freeman said.
new york city, brooklyn, carroll gardens, local news, lauren glassberg
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 5 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
5 min ago