Freeport man charged for raping a minor
Freeport, New York (WABC) -- A Freeport social worker has been charged in the rape of a 16-year-old girl.
According to detectives, 44-year-old Robert Kaiming Chiu, family development worker for the Equal Opportunity Commission (EOC), repeatedly engaged in sexual acts with his teenage victim while she was associated with EOC.
Police arrested Chui while working in his office. He faces third degree rape charges and will be arraigned today in Hempstead First District Court.
long island, rape, freeport, hempstead, local news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation