Freeport man charged for raping a minor
Freeport, New York (WABC) -- A Freeport social worker has been charged in the rape of a 16-year-old girl.
According to detectives, 44-year-old Robert Kaiming Chiu, family development worker for the Equal Opportunity Commission (EOC), repeatedly engaged in sexual acts with his teenage victim while she was associated with EOC.
Police arrested Chui while working in his office. He faces third degree rape charges and will be arraigned today in Hempstead First District Court.
long island, rape, freeport, hempstead, local news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos