Suspect sought in wheelchair theft
EAST SIDE (WABC) -- The NYPD is looking for the bandit who walked off with a senior citizen's wheelchair.
The 68-year-old victim, visiting from Florida, was having dinner with family at the Palm Too restaurant on 2nd Avenue on the East Side.
Investigators said the suspect took the motorized wheelchair, which the victim left outside of the restaurant on the sidewalk.
The theft happened on July 20 between 7:30 and 8:15 p.m.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man, 25-30 years old, 5'8"-5'10", 160-170 lbs., with short, dark hair, wearing a blue shirt, light-colored pants and white sneakers.
The stolen wheelchair is a model "Jet 3 Ultra" made by Pride and is blue and black in color. It has not been recovered.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto Crime Stoppers' website at www.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.com or by texting tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577.
new york city, east side, crime, theft, local news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 55 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
55 min ago