Suspect sought in wheelchair theft
EAST SIDE (WABC) -- The NYPD is looking for the bandit who walked off with a senior citizen's wheelchair.
The 68-year-old victim, visiting from Florida, was having dinner with family at the Palm Too restaurant on 2nd Avenue on the East Side.
Investigators said the suspect took the motorized wheelchair, which the victim left outside of the restaurant on the sidewalk.
The theft happened on July 20 between 7:30 and 8:15 p.m.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man, 25-30 years old, 5'8"-5'10", 160-170 lbs., with short, dark hair, wearing a blue shirt, light-colored pants and white sneakers.
The stolen wheelchair is a model "Jet 3 Ultra" made by Pride and is blue and black in color. It has not been recovered.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto Crime Stoppers' website at www.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.com or by texting tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577.
new york city, east side, crime, theft, local news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos