Man survives leap at Phish concert
WANTAGH, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man is recovering in the intensive care unit of a Long Island hospital after police say he leaped from the upper deck during a Phish concert at Jones Beach Theatre.
New York State Park Police say the young man pushed his way through the crowd, jumped off the balcony, and fell 25 feet onto chairs below.
He struck another concertgoer when he landed, That person sustained a minor injury. The jumper was airlifted to Nassau University Medical Center.
He was not identified.
A spokeswoman said Thursday the man was in critical, but stable, condition.
Police didn't say whether the jumper will face charges.
At least two concertgoers said the injury took place during an intermission in the popular jam-band's performance.
The show continued after the intermission without incident.
long island, wantagh, jones beach theatre, jones beach, local news
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident