Man survives leap at Phish concert
WANTAGH, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man is recovering in the intensive care unit of a Long Island hospital after police say he leaped from the upper deck during a Phish concert at Jones Beach Theatre.
New York State Park Police say the young man pushed his way through the crowd, jumped off the balcony, and fell 25 feet onto chairs below.
He struck another concertgoer when he landed, That person sustained a minor injury. The jumper was airlifted to Nassau University Medical Center.
He was not identified.
A spokeswoman said Thursday the man was in critical, but stable, condition.
Police didn't say whether the jumper will face charges.
At least two concertgoers said the injury took place during an intermission in the popular jam-band's performance.
The show continued after the intermission without incident.
long island, wantagh, jones beach theatre, jones beach, local news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
39 min ago