Man survives leap at Phish concert
WANTAGH, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man is recovering in the intensive care unit of a Long Island hospital after police say he leaped from the upper deck during a Phish concert at Jones Beach Theatre.
New York State Park Police say the young man pushed his way through the crowd, jumped off the balcony, and fell 25 feet onto chairs below.
He struck another concertgoer when he landed, That person sustained a minor injury. The jumper was airlifted to Nassau University Medical Center.
He was not identified.
A spokeswoman said Thursday the man was in critical, but stable, condition.
Police didn't say whether the jumper will face charges.
At least two concertgoers said the injury took place during an intermission in the popular jam-band's performance.
The show continued after the intermission without incident.
long island, wantagh, jones beach theatre, jones beach, local news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick 12 min ago
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event 25 min ago
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday 14 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos