Wedding day for Lockerbie tragedy relatives
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- It was a joyous wedding in New Jersey Saturday for two people united by tragedy: the 1988 bombing of Pan Am flight 103 over Scotland.
Sonia Stratis and Chris Tedeschi wed in Montvale.
They both grew up in New Jersey but didn't meet until a couple of years ago at a memorial dinner for the 20th anniversary of the Lockerbie bombing.
Stratis' father died on the flight.
Tedeschi's father was married to a Lockerbie widow.
Nearly two dozen victims' relatives attended the wedding.
The bride walked down the aisle with a photo of her father in her bouquet.
new jersey, lockerbie, marriage, local news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 34 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos