Woman sought in Queens robberies
QUEENS (WABC) -- NYPD is looking for a woman who held up a liquor store and a restaurant over the weekend in Queens.
The first robbery happened around 9:00 Friday night.
The woman entered the Expressway Wine and Liquor store located at 154-16 Horace Harding Expressway. She approached the counter holding a large pocketbook and demanded cash. Surveillance cameras captured the suspect in this robbery.
A few hours later, shortly after midnight, the same suspect entered the Panda Garden Asian restaurant located at 147-01 Union Turnpike. She displayed a silver semi-automatic gun and demanded cash.
In both incidents, the suspect fled with cash in a red vehicle, possibly a Ford Taurus or a Mercury Sable.
She is described as about 30 to 45 years old. In both incidents, the suspect was wearing a black wig, sunglasses, a long blue denim dress and a baseball hat.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, queens, crime, robbery, local news, kemberly richardson
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 32 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination