Woman sought in Queens robberies
QUEENS (WABC) -- NYPD is looking for a woman who held up a liquor store and a restaurant over the weekend in Queens.
The first robbery happened around 9:00 Friday night.
The woman entered the Expressway Wine and Liquor store located at 154-16 Horace Harding Expressway. She approached the counter holding a large pocketbook and demanded cash. Surveillance cameras captured the suspect in this robbery.
A few hours later, shortly after midnight, the same suspect entered the Panda Garden Asian restaurant located at 147-01 Union Turnpike. She displayed a silver semi-automatic gun and demanded cash.
In both incidents, the suspect fled with cash in a red vehicle, possibly a Ford Taurus or a Mercury Sable.
She is described as about 30 to 45 years old. In both incidents, the suspect was wearing a black wig, sunglasses, a long blue denim dress and a baseball hat.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, queens, crime, robbery, local news, kemberly richardson
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate 32 min ago
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams