Amber Alert cancelled in New Jersey
LUMBERTON, N.J. (WABC) -- New Jersey State Police cancelled an Amber Alert for a registered sex offender and his son.
Terry Dusseault, 38, was wanted after disappearing with his 8-year-old son, also named Terry, from their home in Lumberton in Burlington County.
Police said the pair was found in Medford, New Jersey. The boy was not harmed.
The father is a registered sex offender.
The child's mother is deceased.
The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office said Dusseault was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of sexual assault against three juvenile victims. His son was not a victim in those charges.
Authorities went to arrest him at 301 Canal Circle, where he lives with his son and brother. His wife is dead. He knew investigators were looking for him so he took off with his son, officials said.
amber alert, local news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role 42 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014