Amber Alert cancelled in New Jersey
LUMBERTON, N.J. (WABC) -- New Jersey State Police cancelled an Amber Alert for a registered sex offender and his son.
Terry Dusseault, 38, was wanted after disappearing with his 8-year-old son, also named Terry, from their home in Lumberton in Burlington County.
Police said the pair was found in Medford, New Jersey. The boy was not harmed.
The father is a registered sex offender.
The child's mother is deceased.
The Burlington County Prosecutor's Office said Dusseault was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of sexual assault against three juvenile victims. His son was not a victim in those charges.
Authorities went to arrest him at 301 Canal Circle, where he lives with his son and brother. His wife is dead. He knew investigators were looking for him so he took off with his son, officials said.
amber alert, local news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments