PVWC customers advised to boil water
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- Tens of thousands of Passaic Valley Water Commission customers are under a boil water advisory Wednesday.
The towns affected are Clifton, Passaic Park, Nutley and North Arlington.
As a precaution, any water that is going to be consumed needs to be boiled for 5 minutes.
The advisory will likely be in place until Thursday morning when water officials expect tests to come back clean.
A spokeswoman says most customers should have their water pressure restored by now.
This was all caused by a 51 inch, 100-year-old water main that broke Tuesday afternoon at around 1 p.m. along Broad Street in Clifton.
The following alerts were posted on the water company's website: http://www.pvwc.com/customer%20service/Alerts.htm
new jersey, water main break, local news
- Newtown 911 calls released 36 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park 39 min ago
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds 13 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos