Vigil held for victim in unsolved Teaneck murder
TEANECK (WABC) -- Friends gathered in Teaneck, New Jersey, Thursday night to remember a neighbor whose murder remains unsolved.
A memorial service and candlelight vigil were held in honor of 74-year-old Joan Davis.
The community activist was killed in her home last week.
Police say the house was then set on fire to cover the killer's tracks.
There is still no word on a motive.
Davis is remembered for attending almost every town council meeting for years and consistently making her voice heard.
new jersey, teaneck, deadly fire, local news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 26 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 40 min ago
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 17 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos