Vigil held for victim in unsolved Teaneck murder
TEANECK (WABC) -- Friends gathered in Teaneck, New Jersey, Thursday night to remember a neighbor whose murder remains unsolved.
A memorial service and candlelight vigil were held in honor of 74-year-old Joan Davis.
The community activist was killed in her home last week.
Police say the house was then set on fire to cover the killer's tracks.
There is still no word on a motive.
Davis is remembered for attending almost every town council meeting for years and consistently making her voice heard.
new jersey, teaneck, deadly fire, local news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300 38 min ago