Wedding guests stranded when keys are stolen
WOODBURY (WABC) -- Police are looking for whoever took hundreds of car keys during a wedding, leaving the guests stranded over the weekend.
"Everybody looked around looked around and no keys," wedding guest Vito Vitale said.
He says what started out as a picture perfect wedding party ended in a fiasco at the Woodbury Country Club.
The celebration came to an abrupt halt after 55 sets of keys were stolen from the parking valet.
Guests of the bride and groom were stranded.
"They went into a panic," he said.
Police investigating the incident say there were no witnesses to the crime. They're still looking for the valet box.
As far as a motive, they don't know because not a single vehicle was reported stolen.
The club's general manager, Steven Squitiro, says a car rolled up while the valley company was redirecting cones and stole the entire box of keys.
Ironically, the groom was a police officer and many of the guests were police officers too.
As for Vitale, he spent $30 on a taxi cab home and another $250 just to replace a set of car keys. The average set of keys cost about $400 to replace.
long island, woodbury, crime, theft, local news, lauren defranco
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations 11 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament 41 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos