Unlikely reunion at Bronx hospice center
NEW YORK -- It was a bittersweet and unlikely reunion. A nurse at a Bronx hospice went to greet her new patient last week and was stunned to find that it was her estranged father, who she hadn't seen in 41 years.
A nurse at a Bronx hospice went to greet her new patient last week and was stunned to find that it was her estranged father, who she hadn't seen in 41 years.
Victor Peraza left his infant daughter a lifetime ago when he split with her mother.
For the decades that followed they were never in contact.
But Wanda Rodriguez knew his name, and when her new patient at Calvary Hospital said that, yes, he had two grown daughters named Gina and Wanda, she burst into tears.
Now, the two say that they are cherishing every moment they have left together.
Peraza says it is a miracle that his daughter accepts him.
new york city, bronx, hospital, local news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed
- Body found in woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley 8 min ago
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony 34 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos