Unlikely reunion at Bronx hospice center
NEW YORK -- It was a bittersweet and unlikely reunion. A nurse at a Bronx hospice went to greet her new patient last week and was stunned to find that it was her estranged father, who she hadn't seen in 41 years.
A nurse at a Bronx hospice went to greet her new patient last week and was stunned to find that it was her estranged father, who she hadn't seen in 41 years.
Victor Peraza left his infant daughter a lifetime ago when he split with her mother.
For the decades that followed they were never in contact.
But Wanda Rodriguez knew his name, and when her new patient at Calvary Hospital said that, yes, he had two grown daughters named Gina and Wanda, she burst into tears.
Now, the two say that they are cherishing every moment they have left together.
Peraza says it is a miracle that his daughter accepts him.
new york city, bronx, hospital, local news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos