Connecticut holds annual service for 9/11 victims
WESTPORT -- Connecticut Gov. M. Jodi Rell will be among those attending the state's annual memorial service for victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
The remembrance ceremony is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Sherwood Island State Park in Westport, the site of Connecticut's official 9/11 Living Memorial.
The names of 152 people with ties to Connecticut who died in the attacks are engraved on granite tiles at the memorial site, which is along Long Island Sound and includes a view of the Manhattan skyline.
Many towns in the state are holding their own ceremonies later in the week.
jodi rell, connecticut, september 11, local news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 1 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
1 min ago