Police recruit shot in Brooklyn
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are investigating the shooting of a police recruit.
The shooting happened in East Flatbush at 3:00 Saturday afternoon.
Police say the recruit was shot in the stomach and drove himself to Brookdale Hospital.
He underwent surgery, but there was no word on his condition.
Police haven't been able to talk to him about the details of the shooting yet.
crime, shooting, police officer shot, nypd, brooklyn, east flatbush, local news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos