Police recruit shot in Brooklyn
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are investigating the shooting of a police recruit.
The shooting happened in East Flatbush at 3:00 Saturday afternoon.
Police say the recruit was shot in the stomach and drove himself to Brookdale Hospital.
He underwent surgery, but there was no word on his condition.
Police haven't been able to talk to him about the details of the shooting yet.
crime, shooting, police officer shot, nypd, brooklyn, east flatbush, local news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos