Members of Pagan Motorcycle Gang arrested on Long Island
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- The hierarchy of a notorious Pagan motorcycle gang, allegedly plotting to kill its rivals, was busted by federal authorities who descended on their headquarters, a Rocky Point tattoo parlor.
Overall, 19 suspects were charged, and some appeared in federal court in Central Islip.
Some of the arrests were made at the House of Tattoos in Rocky Point, the club's Long Island headquarters.
Among those arrested were John Richard Ebeling, Jr., also known as "J.R.," who was the president of the Pagans Long Island chapter, and now oversees the activities of Pagan chapters on Long Island, Sullivan County, New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania.
Also arrested was Jason "Roadblock" Blair, who succeeded Ebeling as president of the Long Island chapter in May.
Federal authorities say the Pagans were growing in strength as they plotted against their bitter rivals, the Hells Angels, who maintain a chapter in Hempstead.
The suspects were charged with conspiracy to murder members of the Hells Angels and the Hells Angels Associates.
They also were charged with assault, distribution of cocaine and oxycodone, conspiracy to commit extortion and weapons charges.
The arrests were part of a four-state operation that included 300 ATF agents, as well as state and local police.
long island, local news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 19 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 22 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 44 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 23 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 47 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
47 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos