Members of Pagan Motorcycle Gang arrested on Long Island
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- The hierarchy of a notorious Pagan motorcycle gang, allegedly plotting to kill its rivals, was busted by federal authorities who descended on their headquarters, a Rocky Point tattoo parlor.
Overall, 19 suspects were charged, and some appeared in federal court in Central Islip.
Some of the arrests were made at the House of Tattoos in Rocky Point, the club's Long Island headquarters.
Among those arrested were John Richard Ebeling, Jr., also known as "J.R.," who was the president of the Pagans Long Island chapter, and now oversees the activities of Pagan chapters on Long Island, Sullivan County, New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania.
Also arrested was Jason "Roadblock" Blair, who succeeded Ebeling as president of the Long Island chapter in May.
Federal authorities say the Pagans were growing in strength as they plotted against their bitter rivals, the Hells Angels, who maintain a chapter in Hempstead.
The suspects were charged with conspiracy to murder members of the Hells Angels and the Hells Angels Associates.
They also were charged with assault, distribution of cocaine and oxycodone, conspiracy to commit extortion and weapons charges.
The arrests were part of a four-state operation that included 300 ATF agents, as well as state and local police.
long island, local news
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Tarrytown remembers Hofstra shooting victim
- abcnews: Sole survivor of plane crash breaks silence
- Photos: Scandal Season 2 Finale
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos