Niketown closes due to bed bugs
MANHATTAN (WABC) -- The big apple's ranking as the nation's leading bed bug city got an unwanted boost from "Niketown".
The sneaker company's 5-story flagship store on East 57th Street was closed Saturday.
The sign on the door apologized for the inconvenience.
What the sign didn't specify is the reason for the temporary closure.
It's because bed bugs were discovered inside.
"Niketown" didn't provide details, only that is was doing all it can.
Terminix, the pest control company, ranked New York the number one bed bug city.
new york city, bed bug, bed bugs, local news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey