Niketown closes due to bed bugs
MANHATTAN (WABC) -- The big apple's ranking as the nation's leading bed bug city got an unwanted boost from "Niketown".
The sneaker company's 5-story flagship store on East 57th Street was closed Saturday.
The sign on the door apologized for the inconvenience.
What the sign didn't specify is the reason for the temporary closure.
It's because bed bugs were discovered inside.
"Niketown" didn't provide details, only that is was doing all it can.
Terminix, the pest control company, ranked New York the number one bed bug city.
new york city, bed bug, bed bugs, local news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 14 min ago
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- Photos: Scared Santa
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos