Niketown closes due to bed bugs
MANHATTAN (WABC) -- The big apple's ranking as the nation's leading bed bug city got an unwanted boost from "Niketown".
The sneaker company's 5-story flagship store on East 57th Street was closed Saturday.
The sign on the door apologized for the inconvenience.
What the sign didn't specify is the reason for the temporary closure.
It's because bed bugs were discovered inside.
"Niketown" didn't provide details, only that is was doing all it can.
Terminix, the pest control company, ranked New York the number one bed bug city.
new york city, bed bug, bed bugs, local news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies 29 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial 40 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 7 min ago