Teen dies after stabbing in New Brunswick
NEW BRUNSWICK (WABC) -- New Brunswick police are investigating the stabbing of two teenagers, one of whom died Sunday apparently as a result of his injuries.
A 14-year-old New Brunswick High School freshman was pronounced dead at 2:24 p.m. at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
His 17-year-old companion remains at the hospital in critical but stable condition.
Their names were being withheld.
Authorities say the teens argued with a group of people at the corner of Jersey Avenue and Delavan Street just before 4:00 Sunday morning.
Police arrived a short time later to find the wounded teens on the ground. They were taken to the hospital.
No descriptions of the suspects are available.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Mark Pappas of the New Brunswick Police Department at (732) 745-5217, or Investigator Michael Daniewicz of the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office at (732) 745-4018.
crime, stabbing, new jersey, new brunswick, local news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos