Police search for suspect in Central Park mugging
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police say they are looking for an attacker after a mugging in Central Park.
The incident happened just before 7 p.m. Monday, near the East 61st Street entrance to the park.
Police say the suspect approached a man walking in the park and demanded his cell phone.
When the victim refused, the suspect punched him in the face, grabbed his Blackberry and camera and took off.
The victim is from Florida and is in New York City on business.
He was treated for pain and dizziness.
new york city, central park, mugging, local news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 48 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 46 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 45 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 46 min ago
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
46 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega...
45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos