Police search for suspect in Central Park mugging
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police say they are looking for an attacker after a mugging in Central Park.
The incident happened just before 7 p.m. Monday, near the East 61st Street entrance to the park.
Police say the suspect approached a man walking in the park and demanded his cell phone.
When the victim refused, the suspect punched him in the face, grabbed his Blackberry and camera and took off.
The victim is from Florida and is in New York City on business.
He was treated for pain and dizziness.
new york city, central park, mugging, local news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem 7 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help 52 min ago
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey 32 min ago
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel 42 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
11 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from...
42 min ago