Boy, 7, dropped off school bus far from home
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- The Department of Education and the Pioneer School Bus Company both say they are looking into the case of a 7-year-old who was dropped-off far from his home.
The little boy wandered the Mariner's Harbor neighborhood until a stranger spotted him and took him back to his school.
Paulette Gonzalez says it is the second time in a week that the school bus driver has let her son off the bus at the wrong location and without her there to take him.
"He's 7," she said. "He's not 17...I feel like they failed me."
Gonzalez says she can't understand how a driver would just leave a 7-year-old on the street, alone, in a strange neighborhood.
new york city, staten island, local news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Where is Charles Butler?
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Rally held after West Village hate crime murder
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Lee Goldberg explains Oklahoma's tornado...
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos