Boy, 7, dropped off school bus far from home
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- The Department of Education and the Pioneer School Bus Company both say they are looking into the case of a 7-year-old who was dropped-off far from his home.
The little boy wandered the Mariner's Harbor neighborhood until a stranger spotted him and took him back to his school.
Paulette Gonzalez says it is the second time in a week that the school bus driver has let her son off the bus at the wrong location and without her there to take him.
"He's 7," she said. "He's not 17...I feel like they failed me."
Gonzalez says she can't understand how a driver would just leave a 7-year-old on the street, alone, in a strange neighborhood.
new york city, staten island, local news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos