Woman killed by hit-and-run driver in Clifton, NJ
CLIFTON, New Jersey (WABC) -- Police in Clifton are searching for the driver involved in a deadly hit and run earlier Tuesday.
The incident happened on Allwood road shortly after 6:30 a.m.
The 33-year-old victim was struck while in the crosswalk by an unknown vehicle and landed on a sidewalk near Valley Bank.
There is a crosswalk at the intersection, but no light, no signal and no sign. Just two white lines in the road that drivers approaching it might easily miss.
"She was on her way to work in the city, going to the bus stop. She was hit and a bus driver called when he saw the body but she was dead when we got there," said Capt. Rowan.
The woman had just recently moved from Brooklyn to the apartments across the street from where she was hit.
Others say crossing the street even within the crosswalks at that intersection is dangerous.
Anyone with information regarding the vehicle is asked to call Clifton police at 973-470-5911 or detectives in the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office at 973-837-7644.
new jersey, clifton, hit and run accident, local news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos