Seton Hall holds prayer service for slain student
EAST ORANGE, N.J. -- Seton Hall University will hold a prayer service Wednesday for a student slain at an off-campus party last month and two other students who were injured.
Jessica A. Moore, an honors student from Disputanta, Va., was shot and killed at the Sept. 25 party less than a mile from the university campus.
Four others were also injured, including Seton Hall students Nakeisha Vanterpool and Nicosia Henry. Henry is from Bolingbrook, Ill., and is a freshman forward the women's basketball team.
The university says Vanterpool and Henry have since returned to campus.
Two East Orange men who lived near the house where the party was held have been arrested in connection with the shooting.
The service will be held at 4 p.m. in Walsh Gymnasium.
seton hall university, new jersey, east orange, crime, shooting, local news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son