Teen survives fall from apartment building window
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- A 19 year old woman survived a plunge out an eight-story window on Staten Island.
Housing authority police say they were investigating complaints of squatters in a public housing complex on Warren Street when they found three people inside.
Two men and a woman climbed out a window on the eighth story.
One man escaped. Another was taken into custody.
The woman who fell landed on scaffolding.
She was taken to Richmond University Medical Center with numerous broken bones.
She was listed in critical condition.
The building is part of the Stapleton Houses, a public housing complex that is the largest on Staten Island.
There are six, 8-story buildings, with 693 apartments housing about 2,148 residents.
breaking news, staten island, local news
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 54 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 36 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 34 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
12 min ago