Suspect shoots mugging victim in Freeport
FREEPORT (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are trying to find the armed mugger who wouldn't take no for an answer.
Nassau County police say when a man refused the robber's demand for money, he was shot three times at point blank range in the leg and hip.
The gunman grabbed the victim's money and ran.
The happened on Archer Street in Freeport around 8 p.m. Thursday.
Police describe the suspect as a man in his 20s, approximately 5-foot-9, wearing a brown leather jacket and brown hat.
long island, freeport, mugging, shooting, robbery, local news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 44 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 15 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane 17 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 56 min ago
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 48 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
15 min ago