Suspect shoots mugging victim in Freeport
FREEPORT (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are trying to find the armed mugger who wouldn't take no for an answer.
Nassau County police say when a man refused the robber's demand for money, he was shot three times at point blank range in the leg and hip.
The gunman grabbed the victim's money and ran.
The happened on Archer Street in Freeport around 8 p.m. Thursday.
Police describe the suspect as a man in his 20s, approximately 5-foot-9, wearing a brown leather jacket and brown hat.
long island, freeport, mugging, shooting, robbery, local news
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos