Missing couple found in Westchester County
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- Authorities on Long Island have located an elderly couple missing since Thursday night.
John and Marian Rogan, who live at the Bristal of Massapequa, signed out at 6:10 Thursday night to go out for the evening in their own car.
"Residents who are capable, are free to come and go as they please," said Richard Youngberg, Executive Director of the Bristal Assisted Living Community in Massapequa. "We expected them to return at about 9PM, when they did not return Bristal staff notified the Nassau County Police."
John Rogan is 85. Marian Rogan is 86. They moved to Long Island eight months ago from upstate Westport, NY.
They were located in Westchester County on Friday night.
The couple is fine, authorities said.
Nassau County police did not immediately know if they had gotten lost or if they were headed somewhere.
long island, massapequa, missing person, local news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 31 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 29 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 36 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash