Baby's parents to sue after Central Park death
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A report this morning says the parents of a New Jersey infant killed in Central Park by fallen tree limb are putting the city on notice that they're planning to sue for $50 million.
Back in June, Karla Del Gayo was holding her six-month old daughter, Gianna, and posing for a picture beneath a tree near the Central Park Zoo, when the branch snapped.
The tree came crashing down, killing the child and putting the mother in a coma for weeks.
According to Sunday morning's New York Post, the suit will name the city, the Central Park Conservancy, which oversees the park, and the Wildlife Conservation Society.
new york city, child death, central park, local news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow hits southern New Jersey, heads for NYC 54 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire 40 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV