Pipe bomb found in Montclair driveway
MONTCLAIR, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are investigating the discovery of a pipe bomb in a driveway in Monclair.
A man going outside for the morning newspaper found the pipe bomb in his garbage can on Aubrey Avenue around 6:45 a.m.
About fifteen homes in the area were evacuated as a precaution until the bomb squad arrived on the scene.
The pipe bomb was detonated at 8:30 a.m.
The detonation caused some damage to the driveway, but no one was hurt.
A young couple with a baby lives at the house, police said.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Essex County Prosecutor's Office are investigating.
new jersey, montclair, crime, bomb scare, local news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up 18 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime 29 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion 54 min ago
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Orb trainer fights nerves at Preakness
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos