Pipe bomb found in Montclair driveway
MONTCLAIR, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are investigating the discovery of a pipe bomb in a driveway in Monclair.
A man going outside for the morning newspaper found the pipe bomb in his garbage can on Aubrey Avenue around 6:45 a.m.
About fifteen homes in the area were evacuated as a precaution until the bomb squad arrived on the scene.
The pipe bomb was detonated at 8:30 a.m.
The detonation caused some damage to the driveway, but no one was hurt.
A young couple with a baby lives at the house, police said.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Essex County Prosecutor's Office are investigating.
new jersey, montclair, crime, bomb scare, local news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 33 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos