New high tech ways to buy wine
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are some new high tech ways to buy and find your favorite wines.
"This is our wine list, our electronic wine list," Marisa May of SD26 said.
It's an electronic wine list that appears on an iPad.
"It's very user friendly, more so than a 90 page wine list," May said.
It is easy to navigate, Marisa May showed Eyewitness News how you can choose by type, varietal, region, price. In addition, there is information about the wine maker. You can become a virtual oenophile and select a great wine from SD26's cellar.
"It's a wine course in just a few minutes," May said.
How about becoming a wine expert before you even get to the restaurant? Winechap.com is a website that offers reviews and notes on the wine lists from 150 New York restaurants.
"Every list has a summary - background on the wine," Talia Biaocchi, of Winechap said.
Therefore, you will know what to look for on those pages. Like when you are dining at L'artusi, opt for the wines of northern Italy. Now let us say you really love the wine you have chosen, Philip James of Snooth.com says take a photo.
If you take that photo with your iPhone, the Snoothe.com app can identify the wine just from the image of the label. It will provide you with reviews and a map of where you can buy that very same wine, and for the best price.
There are 25 thousand wines sold in the US every year. Just having that information resource that you can go to just to look up a wine; it makes it so much easier.
For more information visit:
new york city, local news, lauren glassberg
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos