Lincoln Center theater has bedbugs
NEW YORK -- Lincoln Center has some unwelcome patrons: bedbugs.
New York City's pre-eminent performing arts center made the discovery in a dressing room of its David H. Koch Theater. It's the home of the New York City Ballet and the New York City Opera.
The theater is currently dark. The opera's fall season opens Oct. 27. The ballet company last occupied the building on Sunday.
Spokeswoman Maggie McKeon confirmed the outbreak. It was first reported online on Wednesday by the New York Observer. It cited an Oct. 8 e-mail from the theater's managing director Mark Heiser. He said treatment to rid the theater of the tiny pests was under way.
The bugs have been discovered in theaters, clothing stores, office buildings, housing projects and posh apartments throughout the city.
new york city, bed bugs, bed bug, local news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 54 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time 39 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million 34 min ago
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
54 min ago