Son of murdered SI couple arrested in Israel
TEL AVIV (WABC) -- A man suspected of killing his parents on Staten Island has been extradited from Israel.
Israeli authorities say they arrested 30-year-old Eric Bellucci at the airport in Tel Aviv Friday morning.
Bellucci was literally dragged by Israeli police out of the airport and loaded into a police van, officials said.
He was disheveled, his long hair a mess and a dazed look. The officers carrying him were wearing gloves.
Bellucci was taken into custody by Israeli police at the airport at about 2:30 a.m. Eastern time.
Authorities say he had attempted to purchase an airline ticket on a Turkish Air flight to Beijing, China, via Istanbul. His credit card was rejected, prompting a counter clerk to take notice.
Bellucci told the attendant that he would find another source of money and return for the afternoon flight.
He walked away, and the ground attendant called airport security, saying she suspected she had found a U.S. fugitive.
Bellucci was extradited to the U.S. and taken into custody in New York City early Sunday.
A spokesman for the Staten Island district attorney said Eric Bellucci arrived in the city on Sunday and will be arraigned Monday.
Bellucci's parents, 56-year-old Marian Bellucci and 61-year-old Arthur Bellucci, were found stabbed to death inside their home in Annadale on Wednesday night.
Eric Bellucci's SUV was found at Newark Airport, where police say it was left before he took a flight to Tel Aviv.
Police said previously that the son lived with his parents and suffered from schizophrenia.
Eric Bellucci was once a star athlete at Stuyvesant High School in Manhattan, and Arthur Bellucci was a senior associate at a large real estate company, according to published reports.
new york city, staten island, crime, murder, local news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- FSU's Jameis Winston not charged in sex assault case 34 min ago
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos