Taxi catches fire at Newark Airport
NEWARK, NJ (WABC) -- A taxicab caught on fire at Newark Liberty International Airport Saturday afternoon.
It happened at Terminal A around 1 p.m.
No one was injured in the car fire.
Workers at Terminal A thought it was part of a drill because there was an emergency drill going on at Terminal B which involved a car explosion.
It was not part of the drill.
The Newark Fire Department responded to the scene and put out the fire.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, although no criminality is suspected at this time.
new jersey, fire, taxi, newark, newark liberty international airport, newark international airport, local news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 36 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos