Taxi catches fire at Newark Airport
NEWARK, NJ (WABC) -- A taxicab caught on fire at Newark Liberty International Airport Saturday afternoon.
It happened at Terminal A around 1 p.m.
No one was injured in the car fire.
Workers at Terminal A thought it was part of a drill because there was an emergency drill going on at Terminal B which involved a car explosion.
It was not part of the drill.
The Newark Fire Department responded to the scene and put out the fire.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, although no criminality is suspected at this time.
new jersey, fire, taxi, newark, newark liberty international airport, newark international airport, local news
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos