Police find 39 pounds of marijuana in man's car
EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Police say a traffic stop in Eastchester led to a discovery of more than 39 pounds of marijuana in the trunk of a car carrying two young children.
Westchester County police say the arrest came after an officer pulled over a 30-year-old New Jersey man at around 9 p.m. Friday on the Cross County Parkway.
The officer said he detected a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle, and called for a backup that included a drug-sniffing dog.
The man was arrested after police found two large bundles of marijuana in the trunk.
Westchester police say that at the time the man was driving with his two young children, ages two and four.
The kids are now in the custody of family members.
marijuana, westchester county, local news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 40 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83 52 min ago
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos