Disaster drill held in Queens
LONG ISLAND CITY (WABC) -- A chilling scenario played out on the streets of Queens Sunday.
Hundreds of first responders took part in a large-scale emergency drill.
The disaster simulated a car bombing near a crowded city bus in Long Island City.
The drill included simulated victims with serious injuries and responders on the ground and in the air.
Authorities say to ensure the city is prepared for the worst; responders must train in an environment that is as real as possible.
new york city, long island city, queens, local news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 51 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 16 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos