FBI digs at site where mob body found
EAST FARMINGDALE, N.Y. -- The FBI has returned to a Long Island industrial park where the body of a mob underboss was found two years ago.
FBI spokesman James Margolin confirmed Tuesday that agents from the evidence response team and its organized crime branch were digging at an East Farmingdale location. He declined to comment on the subject of the current search, saying it was part of a sealed search warrant.
In 2008, agents retrieved the remains of Colombo family underboss William Cutolo near the same site. Two mob rivals are serving life prison terms in that killing.
Agents also spent several days in the area in March 2009 looking for additional victims of possible mob violence.
The spokesman said information uncovered in recent months prompted the return to the site.
long island, east farmingdale, fbi, crime, mob, mafia, local news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse