FBI digs at site where mob body found
EAST FARMINGDALE, N.Y. -- The FBI has returned to a Long Island industrial park where the body of a mob underboss was found two years ago.
FBI spokesman James Margolin confirmed Tuesday that agents from the evidence response team and its organized crime branch were digging at an East Farmingdale location. He declined to comment on the subject of the current search, saying it was part of a sealed search warrant.
In 2008, agents retrieved the remains of Colombo family underboss William Cutolo near the same site. Two mob rivals are serving life prison terms in that killing.
Agents also spent several days in the area in March 2009 looking for additional victims of possible mob violence.
The spokesman said information uncovered in recent months prompted the return to the site.
long island, east farmingdale, fbi, crime, mob, mafia, local news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem 7 min ago
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos