FBI digs at site where mob body found
EAST FARMINGDALE, N.Y. -- The FBI has returned to a Long Island industrial park where the body of a mob underboss was found two years ago.
FBI spokesman James Margolin confirmed Tuesday that agents from the evidence response team and its organized crime branch were digging at an East Farmingdale location. He declined to comment on the subject of the current search, saying it was part of a sealed search warrant.
In 2008, agents retrieved the remains of Colombo family underboss William Cutolo near the same site. Two mob rivals are serving life prison terms in that killing.
Agents also spent several days in the area in March 2009 looking for additional victims of possible mob violence.
The spokesman said information uncovered in recent months prompted the return to the site.
long island, east farmingdale, fbi, crime, mob, mafia, local news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 16 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 15 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 6 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 4 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos