Wife: Imam of NYC mosque getting death threats
UNION CITY (WABC) -- Officials in Union City, New Jersey, are headed to court Tuesday for a battle with the imam who wants to build an Islamic center near ground zero.
City inspectors say Feisal Abdul Rauf is not living up to his responsibilities as a landlord for two buildings.
Rauf says all of the problems in his buildings were fixed in 2007, but city officials say that's not true.
On Tuesday, they will ask a judge to turn the buildings over to a custodial receiver, who can make repairs.
new york city, ground zero mosque, local news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 5 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
8 min ago