Wife: Imam of NYC mosque getting death threats
UNION CITY (WABC) -- Officials in Union City, New Jersey, are headed to court Tuesday for a battle with the imam who wants to build an Islamic center near ground zero.
City inspectors say Feisal Abdul Rauf is not living up to his responsibilities as a landlord for two buildings.
Rauf says all of the problems in his buildings were fixed in 2007, but city officials say that's not true.
On Tuesday, they will ask a judge to turn the buildings over to a custodial receiver, who can make repairs.
new york city, ground zero mosque, local news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 23 min ago
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 34 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years 48 min ago