Woman hospitalized after fire in East Orange
EAST ORANGE (WABC) -- A second-alarm fire burned through an East Orange home Friday morning, sending one resident to the hospital.
The fire broke out in the home on Dodd Street just before 2 a.m.
Heavy flames shot out of the house, lighting up the night sky.
A woman who lives in the house was taken to East Orange General Hospital with a non life threatening injury.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, although residents reported hearing a loud noise before the fire started.
new jersey, east orange, fire, local news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos